The stores in the Twin Tiers coverage area affected are:
- Lycoming Mall, Pennsdale, PA
- This is bad news for the mall. It has just lost Macy's as an anchor and now it will lose another one of its anchors. With this announcement I feel that the mall has moved from 'B' status to 'C' status. Keep in mind too that Sears remains an anchor.
- Bloomsburg Mall, Bloomsburg, PA
- Well this mall is officially doomed. Just Bon Ton and Dunham's Sports remains as anchors to this dead mall. I visited this mall and only a handful of storefronts were open.
- Clearfield Mall, Clearfield, PA
- This one is kind of a toss up to me. While closing a store is never good for the community, the mall it anchors isn't much of a mall. It is more of an enclosed plaza with one area that could be considered a mall. I feel like this store shouldn't stay empty if the right store comes into the area. (I'm looking at you Dunham's Sports.)
- Towanda, PA
- Plaza store which serves a small community. Not too surprised by this as it is a rather small store. Guess people will be going to the Kmart in the same plaza for clothes.
- Dunkirk, NY
- Just like Towanda, this one is a store in a plaza with no mall connection. I can understand this store closing as it is a rather small store. This is one store I have not yet been too and may not make it too.
Can someone please tell me why people like buying things online they can't see in person? Online shopping is killing jobs....
(By the way this is the blog's 100th post.)