Monday, August 22, 2016

A Black and Blue Walmart 2.0



Walmart's Black Decor 2.0 is finally making it rounds to the Twin Tiers coverage area. Having stumbled upon a store in Clarion, PA with the new paint colors, I ventured into said store hoping to see the new decor in person. Expect I walked out disappointed that the decor on the inside was still Project Impact. So, upon knowing that this store in Montoursville had too received the new exterior, I figured I'd check it out. I wasn't holding very high hopes after that other store's experience. Thankfully, this store wasn't a waste of time as it did receive the new decor package.

While I have seen the decor in pictures via various Flickr users, I didn't want to make a final judgement until I saw it in person. I must say that this decor is a major step up from Cheap Impact, despite being of the same quality materials used for cheap impact. The problem I have with Black Decor 2.0 is the exterior paint job on some styles of supercenter locations. In my opinion, it just looks very ugly and unwelcoming in these particular designs.

Black Decor exterior on the Clarion, PA Walmart
Having the paint job on a smaller store like this one, which is obviously not a supercenter, doesn't look bad to me at all. I guess I like the fact that the blue actually highlights both the entrance and the Walmart logo in this instance.


Interior time:


The store has the same layout from before.

Since this store is basically Williamsport's Walmart too, little league traffic is expected. (That is if they don't go to the closer Kmart store first....)





Corner photo lab.

Pick up your Toys!
Linin' Up the Cars




Part of the sporting goods sign is cut out for the stockroom door.
Old Days of Walmart Pride







This particular sign is probably unique to non-supercenter stores.

Produce in the main actionway.








At least you're being thanked for shopping at your particular local store again.
Looking forward to seeing this come to my local store.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures - this décor looks really good in these non-supercenter stores! I completely agree about the exterior paint jobs looking way worse, though. On the non-supercenters and later stores, it looks pretty good (especially on the former). The 90s supercenters, however, just don't take well to the paint job! It seems like the blue behind the Walmart logo varies in width; for example, it's confined to directly beside the letters on a store I visited on vacation a few weeks ago, and on the one you have pictured at the top of the post it stretches way beyond the letters - which doesn't look all that good, thanks to the entrances being closer together at that particular location. Personally, I think it'd be better if they just had the blue go all the way between the two entrance jut-outs, but either way, something needs to be done to fix the design on those stores for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just hope they manage to straighten the things out to make the exteriors a little bit more inviting. The earthy colors they've used so long accomplish that.

      Delete