Monday, September 14, 2015

Pittsford, NY McDonald's

Although these pictures will be uploaded to my Flickr photostream at some point in the future, I have pulled them out of the vault for this special occasion. As I promised in Sunday's mini-post, these pictures are being shown here first as a celebration of the blog's 1,000 views. I have not yet uploaded them anywhere else, even though they were taken way back in March of this year. So snow will be visible at spots. (Yeah, I've got a lot of pictures to upload....)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whether it be because of a local building code or just because, this McDonald's located in Pittsford, NY is one that caught my attention late last year for a visit and I'm glad I decided to check out this location the first chance I had back in March. It was a regular location that was unlike any other I have ever visited, outside of the few that had a specific theme set to them.


Back entrance to the playground area. (Used as an emergency exit only.)
They even have an outdoor breezeway. Nice added touch.
Moving on into the interior. The two photos were taken in the store's mud room area, hence the reason for all the salt on the mat.
In and out doors. Both could be used.

More interior photos:
Sight upon entering.


Really like these chairs....
....and these windows.
And I really like this local pride sign.
This is where things REALLY get odd at this McDonald's. You probably noticed that the store has a playground, yet a playground was not seen up front. That's because it is in the very back of the store. To get to it, you must take a narrow hallway. It is the quite odd layout for a McDonald's.

 
Looking down the hallway from the playground area.

It's a shame that so many McDonald's seem to lose their identity with the new 'eyebrow' remodels, but at least this one still remains intact. Also seems that a lot of locations are dropping the playplace area, so it is also nice to see it here. Hopefully it stays around for awhile! 

6 comments:

  1. Very neat!! I know that feeling about being behind on photos, too - I've got one heck of a vault, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How big is your vault? Mine has almost 3,000 pictures still needed to be uploaded. :D

      Delete
  2. Well, I don't think it beats yours, that's for sure!! For me, it's primarily the issue of choosing which photos to upload - you know I do the weekly ten photos thing, and I try to space out uploads from the same place, so it takes a lot of paring down, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typically try to do 9 photos each weekday with an occasional upload on the weekend sometimes. I usually just go in order of the area.

      Delete
    2. See, my photos aren't as travel-based. I like that concept though - showing all/most of the retail of a whole town. Pretty ambitious!

      I spy a new logo too, pretty cool!!

      Delete
    3. I blame it on my OCD for wanting to get EVERYTHING in an area.

      Thanks for the compliment on the logo, just trying to improve the site a little at a time.

      Delete