Monday, October 12, 2015

Warsaw Walmart Remodel (Part 2)

Welcome back to part two of the Warsaw Walmart's remodel. Over the course of about three weeks, Walmart was able to drastically change the basic layout of the store. Personally, I would of thought the remodel was almost complete after this visit. I'm left wondering what they plan on changing next because the remodel is scheduled to last through December.


You'll notice that the poles in the front of the store have been changed. The old logo still remains, not that I'm complaining!
Remodeling notice.


Notice the now completed new Customer Service desk in the background. The store just wasn't using it yet.
Since there wasn't much change in the clothing arrangement, I pretty much skipped over those departments.



The freezers were being put into the newly arranged the food department, which will be featured later in the post. A nearby employee joked with this 'event staff' employee about 'going for a ride to cool off.'



The old electronics area now being used for seasonal, home office and Celebrate! supplies. Notice the electronics return policy in the first picture.
The photo center sign was moved over here.
The mini-pickup sign was removed, but no pickup on the wall yet.
The store's lackluster furniture selection.
Home Decor & Automotive
The Paint courtesy desk looks to be up and running now.
With all the progress the store had made, I was kind of surprised to still see a section of an aisle in the main thoroughfare.
Sporting goods courtesy desk.
These 'modular process sheets' could pretty much be found in every department outside of ones that haven't changed.
The only changes I could spot in the pharmacy area.

Former beverage aisle.

Now we shall take a look at the new grocery and cleaning supplies which now combined, went from 2-3 for cleaning supplies and 5 aisles for food plus the beverage aisle mentioned above to around 13 or so together.






Bedding and related home supplies were pushed back behind the new food and cleaning area.
Figured I get one last shot of the frozen foods up front before they move to their new location.
We know you'll shop here, so why do we need to thank you?
Sad to see a lot of the 90s relics go such as the 'Thank you for shopping at Walmart', but at least I got to capture some of them before they were wiped completely from this store forever.

3 comments:

  1. I agree completely with your last statement. I hope this store looks nice once the remodel is complete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely try to get here at least one more time AFTER the remodel is complete. Whether or not I go again during the remodel I do not know.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I probably wouldn't bother with going again during the remodel either. I think we've seen enough of Walmart's madness with that, lol!

      Delete