Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Rite Aid with a Peaked Roof

To continue the ongoing look at the various Rite Aid designs today I bring you the design that most unremodeled Rite Aid locations may feature. Although the interior could still vary from location to location, this is at least the '90s decor package for Rite Aid. The Mid-South Retail Blog also looked at a similar style of package down their way, which you can view here.

Here's a look at some photos I took at this Rite Aid location which lies on the east side of the city of Erie.

That pharmacy text format reminds me a lot of the same format that Kmart uses.










So there you go. Another look at one Rite Aid's older designs.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I also photographed the other DeSoto County, MS, location (on Stateline Road in Southaven) recently, but it won't make it on the blog until this summer at the earliest. Looks the exact same as the Horn Lake store and this Erie store inside though!

    I agree, I've always associated that font with Kmart. The more frequently I see it though, the more I think it must have been a font of the era, a lot like you'll see a lot of those narrower, skinny fonts everywhere from promotions to newscasts to, for example, SNL these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'll be keeping an eye out for that. I'm not surprised to hear that the decor is the same. Seems like Rite Aid doesn't focus too much on stores down your way.

      I suppose that font might have been rather inexpensive to use at the time as well making it more common. I've just seen it used at so many different Kmart locations, I just assumed Kmart was the only one to use it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete