Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Greece Toys R Us Soon to Be Gone

While there is a lot of extreme uncertainty for the future of Toys R Us as a company, this location in Greece, NY will no longer exist either way come the end of April. This location was one of the over 150 stores to close it doors. I visited the store closing sale last month to see how things are going for this location and it was surprisingly still quite stocked. While I have no intentions to return here, I still wanted to document it before it is gone forever.


The closing of the Greece, NY location serves as bad news for this shopping plaza as Toys R Us served as an anchor for it.
Close up of the store closing banner that Toys R Us is using.





A couple of actionway pictures
American Girls Dolls space

With the closing of both this Toys R Us and the Henrietta Babies R Us, only one store would of remained in the Rochester market in Henrietta. That is of course, was before Toys R Us announced its transition to Chapter 7.

10 comments:

  1. It might just be a problem on my end, but all of your photos are showing Yahoo's lovely "this photo is no longer available" message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the problem. That's weird because they are showing up for me both when logged in through Google and when I'm not logged in.

      Delete
    2. They're working today. Glad it was just me, haha!

      Delete
  2. Toys R Gone, the whole chain's being liquidated, if you hadn't seen the news yet. No buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably know already but the pictures aren't showing up again. Flickr seems to be having issues the last week or so as the last bunch of photos I uploaded haven't gotten any views (which is rather unusual)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I'm seeing it on my end too. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I may need to upload them directly.

      Delete