Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Viewmont Mall


Welcome to the Viewmont Mall located in Dickson City, PA, which is just outside of Scranton. The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre region has three malls and this is the one that appears to be doing the best. 

The mall opened in 1968 with JCPenney, Sears and Macy's as it anchors. The only change in the lineup is that Sears closed in late 2015 or early 2016 and was replaced by Dick's Sporting Goods, Field & Stream and Homegoods. The mall also has junior anchors such as Ulta Beauty and Forever 21. The pictures I took come from 2015 while Sears was still present at the mall.









Interior:






































4 comments:

  1. Applebee's and Buffalo Wild Wings in the same mall? Have to say they are some of the worst restaurants, they charge too much and the Food Quality is poor compared to how much your usually paying. I'm willing to pay more if the Food Quality is at my liking. Chains like Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's and even Rainforest Cafe will never been preferred restaurants for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind Applebee's personally, but I've never really tried the others except for Chili's.

      Delete
  2. I hit the Sears in this mall a few times when I was doing events down there. The K-mart as well. I recall both seeming like huge stores, larger than most of their others.

    The view from the K-mart lot was amazing, I took photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I don't know how big Sears was, the Kmart was indeed a large location at around 120,000 sq. ft.

      You aren't the only one to have taken photos of that view from Kmart. :D

      Delete