Sunday, October 27, 2019

Hornell's Peebles

As many are already aware, the Stage family of stores (consisting of Stage, Bealls, Palais Royal, Goody's and of course Peebles) have, are in the process, or will soon be converting the various brands to Gordmans or closing down altogether. Evidently, the company is going all in on the off-price concept, which makes total sense given the success of TJMaxx and its family of banners.

This particular Peebles store in Hornell, NY is well underway in its 'store closing' sale, but it has already been confirmed this 3-story location will become a Gordmans. For myself personally, I'm glad to hear that this location will continue, as you will see from the photos, because it is in a downtown setting. I must say I enjoyed visiting this location as it reminded of the former JCPenney in Coudersport, PA which I had spent a lot of time in as a kid.
The back entrance























I did find this fitting room in the home department somewhat amusing.

2 comments:

  1. Glad this one is continuing. Since it's a three-story building, I'm not terribly surprised. The Goody's nearest me is very tiny, and I wasn't really expecting it to convert, but to my surprise it is, too. I need to be sure and get there sometime soon to document it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely happy to see this one will continue as well. I know some sadly won't make the transition, but good to hear that Goody's will be.

      Delete