Monday, May 1, 2023

Former Kmart #3600

 NOTE: This post comes from outside the blog's coverage area.

    Since all other Albany area Kmart locations had closed by the time I got into the area, this mall based location in Rotterdam was the only I was able to document. At the time of my visit, an old-school pharmacy was in operation. There was also a cafe at one point. worth noting that belt driven checkout lanes were in use. It appears that the space had been proposed to be split between a bingo hall of all things and town offices for Rotterdam. I'm not certain if either actually have happened or not.



























2 comments:

  1. I was able to visit this store a couple of times. I used to hit one closer to Albany on Central Ave. on my way back from events there, but it closed around 2014 and a CarMax was built on the site a couple years later.

    The entire mall was in poor shape even by the time I made it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the mall has definitely seen better days.

      Delete