Saturday, November 7, 2015

Millcreek Mall & Plaza Complex (Part Two)

"The mall is shaped like a gun for some reason." I've found myself thinking that statement pretty much every time I walked into this particular shopping center. Take a look at this mall from a map perspective and you can understand why:

This map is somewhat outdated, but you can still clearly see the shape that mall makes! The outdated portion is the Burlington space at the top and H&M taking over a bunch of stores nearby. The Burlington space has since been absorbed into the mall as you will see below. Here's a new map which focuses on that area:



Since we are discussing the Burlington wing, we will start there first. Here's some before pictures:




This Burlington facade has since been completely removed.
A.C. Moore operates as a junior anchor is this wing.
Burlington wing looking back. This 2013 photo doesn't have H&M in it.
Now for the after: (pictures from inside the former Burlington)


The different tile-work would indicate about where the former wall was.
A vending machine does not take the fact away that there are some vacancies here....
One of the two new businesses that have opened up in the former Burlington. Neon FTW!
Of course the downside of the mall's plan is that Burlington had a second level, so that's twice as much space to fill.... 
....so that too leads to more empty space.
I didn't realize at the time that H&M is new since my last visit. I was thinking I had a picture of it, but I now realize I don't. Another picture for another post I suppose! 

Moving onto the mini Bon Ton wing followed by the Sears wing.


Bon Ton was a former Elder-Beerman.





Sears is an original anchor to this mall.





Now for the mall's main concourse followed by the food court wing.










Former Kaufman's
This Radioshack is one of the many locations that closed.


JCPenney is an original mall anchor.




The promenade hallway leads to the upscale stores that have an exterior entrance as seen in part one.









The food court was previously another hallway that had just lead to a mall entrance. In 2008, the mall redeveloped the wing to make it into a food court.



FYE didn't have a location at the Millcreek Mall until the food court area was added.




Former Panda Express.



So that concludes the mall tour. Obviously I'll have to look into getting a few more pictures in the future. When I get those pictures, I'll be sure to do an update post to the mall.

11 comments:

  1. It is shaped like a gun, sheesh!

    Very cool interior pics. By the way this mall looks, I doubt it'll be too long before they completely fill up that Burlington space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was just starting out taking pictures outside of Kmart back when these were taken. Nowadays I try to refrain from taking pictures if there are people in the way.

      Burlington has vacated from the mall 2 years ago in December. Only having two businesses in that time frame doesn't seem like the best.

      Delete
    2. I do too, if at all possible. Partly because I don't want them in my pictures, and partly because I don't want them to see me taking pictures!

      Oh... hadn't realized that. In that case... :-/

      Delete
  2. I think that Millcreek Mall's Justice was originally a "Limited Too" store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did the McDonald's used to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where the food court now is. It was near the current pet store.

      Delete
  4. More researching, I found out that there was a A&W next to the Dairy Queen also more stores they had were Walden Books, KB Toys, a movie theater in the mall. i will contuine finding more stores that used to be in the mall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember both Waldenbooks and KB Toys. Those were two stores my family would often frequent when stopped in. Shame to hear that A&W closed, would of loved to have that option.

      Delete
  5. I found out fye was there before the Food Court was added, it was located on the right of Build a Bear at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry the fye has been there since 2002 and it was a movie theater before.

    ReplyDelete