Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Modern Remodeled Rite Aid

As I had mentioned in a post last month, it is my intention to try to get most of the decor packages at Rite Aid locations in the Twin Tiers coverage area. Unfortunately, the weather is going the other way in the Great Lakes region, so some designs may or may not get covered. I stepped out on Halloween to visit a few different Rite Aid locations and to my surprise many of them actually have remodeled to this design. I knew some locations had remodeled, but I didn't realize that this many did. The exterior hadn't changed at these locations; something of which was throwing me off.

I was able to locate three different decor packages, though one is left over from Eckerd. Some of these locations I visited were smaller stores so they also had less signage than others. My local Rite Aid is a larger former Eckerd (with more signage than the one I visited) that I too will have to take some pictures of eventually.

This location serving downtown and south Jamestown has the diamond window design with the rare red letters:

 I'll let the pictures do the talking here:






Freezers has a separate roof. Might be original to the store, left over from a design prior or both.







This isn't the newest design seen at brand new locations. Newer ground-up locations feature circle signs. There aren't any brand new Rite Aid locations close to me. Though the closest one to me is in Emporium, PA or Waterloo, NY, winter is not the time of year to be traveling to those areas, especially for Emporium. To see this variant you can check out this picture from Baltimore_Retail's flickr photostream.

More Rite Aid posts to come in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment