Thursday, July 5, 2018

Kmart #4150

Only one lone Kmart location operates anywhere in central PA and this location, in Altoona, is it. This location is an old store that opened over 50 years ago in 1965, but it felt like it does very well from my visit. 

NOTE: This location is located in Blair County, which lies outside the blog's general coverage zone.



The old auto center sits empty in the front parking lot






Parts of the floor have been updated

























Hopefully this store will continue to stay open, but only time will tell.

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering this when I saw these pictures in your flickr photostream... any idea what the deal is with that lower ceiling and cross-bracing in the toy and automotive departments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure why there is a lower ceiling there. Maybe the store expanded there?

      Delete
    2. Your guess is as good as mine! I was thinking former Kmart Foods myself, but I didn't see anything in your exterior photos to suggest this store had one of those.

      Delete
    3. http://prntscr.com/kkb9c1

      Was a K-mart foods apparently...

      Delete
  2. Ah, I like the 60's Kmart stores. The K-fresh Kmart in Des Plaines (Chicagoland) is another older store, having opened in the late 60's. Well, actually I think there's abit of Americana-charm in every Kmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality and Value. All at Low, Low Kmart Price. You'll Be Glad You Shopped At Kmart!

    ReplyDelete