Friday, August 3, 2018

Former Kmart #9642


August's tour of a Kmart store is of the now former Kmart in Clarion, PA. I previously did a post about the Clarion Mall, which store served as an anchor too. Last I knew, this store is empty and has been since the day it closed back in January 2018. I did not make it to this store's liquidation sale as it was a rough January weather-wise. Here's how the store looked before it closed down:















This was the only Kmart I knew to do something like this







Tile from the Kmart restaurant was intact here






KCafe floor tile remains


b

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to shop this one quite often ,being the closest one to my home.I remember the day of it's grand opening way back in 1980,and eating at the former restaurant...sad to see this one go... Also I've heard many rumors about what would replace it.. Rural King,Peebles,Big Lots,etc..but nothing certain as of now..My hope is mall management is working overtime to get something here,but with Kmart just signing a new lease before the Clarion location closed,one wonders how long it might take to get the situation resolved so another store can move in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad to see them slowly all go away.

      Rural King has apparently bought the Franklin store, so I don't know if they'd open in both places. But, yeah lease issue will definitely play a role here.

      Delete
  3. Does the lease have to be redone or expire before something else moves into a closed store?..The latest info on the Rural King rumors is at least 6 months to a year before they start taking over the Franklin store,even if it happens at all..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most likely it has to expire before anything can be done. There are ways around this but that costs money to basically cancel a lease.

    ReplyDelete