Wednesday, August 19, 2015

An Arby's Stuck in the '60s

Literally, this Arby's located in the city of Jamestown hasn't seen a huge remodel in probably at least 20 years. There have been some behind the scenes improvements to this location, but overall it still retains its original look from 1969. I had the opportunity to return to this Arby's last Friday (August 14th) and was able to dig into a little more about this particular Arby's location. 

Cowboy Hat Sign
A newspaper article mentioned that the owners of this Arby's had thought about replacing this sign with a more modern one, but due to local support of wanting it still, the owners decided they will keep as long as possible.


Note the exposed brick. I feel that the brick adds character and it is a shame that most places don't build with it anymore.
Outdoor Restrooms
Let's step inside now.




All right, now its time for something new and special for my site. As I mentioned, I stopped by recently and was able to learn some history of this particular location. The following picture is one you will see here on the Twin Tiers Retail Blog before anywhere else. It has not been uploaded to Flickr yet.


If you are ever in Jamestown, NY, I highly recommend stopping by this location on Fluvanna Avenue. Not only it is a cool historical restaurant, but it is also filled with very awesome employees. They saw me taking pictures on my visit last year and were openly okay about it. They even told me to make sure I get a picture of  the old cowboy hat sign. The funny thing was that I didn't even buy anything on that visit! I knew I wanted to support this location from then on just because of that experience.

2 comments: