Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Destiny of Sports Authority in Syracuse

The Twin Tiers is not immune to the closings the so-called 'authority of sports' as the Destiny USA location is among the many closures. This particular location is (soon to be was) the only Sports Authority within the entire Twin Tiers coverage area. I recently had the opportunity to visit its liquidation, so here's some pictures:

Here's a picture from late 2014 when Sports Authority was alive and well. Sports Authority has both a mall and exterior entrance. The exterior entrance is located around the side of the building. (It was a former Ames.)
Mall's entrance.
Gearing up for a great closing....








The first of possibly many left behind shoe boxes. Not nearly as bad as the closing Melbourne, FL liquidation though!


Bicycle seem to be clearing out fast.



The store does have a path of sorts through some of the store while in other parts it does not.

The signs are already giving up.

4 comments:

  1. This store was much better kept during its closing than the Melbourne one! From the pictures it looks pretty clean and organized except for those few shoe boxes. The Melbourne store had honestly given up.

    Also, when you were here did you notice any of the employee's shirts? When I was at the Melbourne store's closing, it looked like many of the employees were wearing special store closing shirts that said something like "We're still here to help you" on them. Having to wear a shirt like that would make me feel even worse if I worked at a closing store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't see a lot of employees. There were a few but I didn't notice any special t-shirts. To be fair I wasn't really looking either as I wasn't aware of the special t-shirts.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, this post never popped up in my Blogger subscribe feature! (Not surprising, given Blogger's track record)

    As I said on flickr, these stores look a bit different than my local (non-closing) Sports Authority, probably since my local one is in a location that was formerly something else. And on the topic of those shirts: I agree, that would make me feel worse too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering why you didn't comment before this! :D

      I would have to agree as well on the t-shirt topic; don't know why but I didn't catch that portion of the comment before!

      Delete