Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A McDonald's with a Basement Playground

This McDonald's is extremely unique compared to others I've stepped into. This location has a basement playground, a drive-thru only lane that stretches around the building, and the building itself is not very wide at all. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The McDonald's sign sits in the middle of the parking lot!
Milton McDonald's

To enter, you must walk up the sidewalk as seen here.
Nice window detail.
Local owned plaque. I don't know if these were common or not.
Interior time:







Into the playground area:

A handicap-accessible elevator is in place.

Stairs




I took these various playground shots as they are becoming rarer. Also, getting a view of the upper portion like you do here is something I've not seen elsewhere.

Looks like an old ball pit.






I hope this one doesn't get eyebrowed!

6 comments:

  1. Very unique! The interior feels much more spacious than it seems from the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I never seen a McDonald's with a basement and I also found it interesting that the Playpace still had a ball pit (with no balls).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one is for sure unique! Most would have removed the ball pit entirely.

      Delete