Tuesday, December 13, 2016

More Aid to a Former Eckerd

You'll remember that in my efforts to capture the different Rite Aid decor packages, I featured this one from Olean, NY as the Eckerd leftover. Well, I recently discovered this same store remodeled into the wellness decor, so I figured I'd take a few pictures.... Sadly, I have no transition pictures as I wasn't aware they were remodeling until it was too late.

This alerted me to the new decor. Sorry about the tear.

Wellness offers
Sights upon entering








Organic foods now offered.
Though I get what this is for, I still find it ammussing. 
Just remodeled and already a failure....

Electronics





These carts were just begging for a comparison photo.
Overall, I was pleasently surprised to have made this discovery. I really like this new decor package and I'm glad to see my local store is getting in on the action as well. This experience felt like I was at a completely different store, something of which a remodel should do.

7 comments:

  1. That's cool that your local one was remodeled to the latest look! I really like this décor as well. It looks great inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is awesome indeed. The decor is modern and I love how the store is now divided up into departments.

      Delete
  2. Very nice remodel; did you just hear in the news about the Walgreens and Rite Aid 865 store buyout that is pending? I guess a southern brand called Fred's is looking to purchase a portion of there market. I wonder if any will be in the Twin Tiers/Mohawk Valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about that. Kroger was rumored to be interested, but perhaps the having to keep the stores as pharmacys turned them away. I would think that a few in these regions would fall into that selling category, since Walgreens and Rite Aid have stores either right across the street or just down the road.

      Delete
  3. Kroger? That's interesting for sure! They're kind of like a Price Chopper if I'm not mistaken. It will at least be something new! Oh and also; I'm not sure if you have Nice N' Easy Gas Stations down in the twin tiers; but I guess a Canadian Company Couche-Tard is going to be converting all of the gas station in New York to "Circle K" (Something southern as well). I really like you're blog man! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sounds like Kroger is out of the running though. You can take a look at various Kroger stores over on my friend's blog:
      https://midsouthretail.blogspot.com/. He's got a few posts that are older on the chain.

      Unless Nice N' Easy has a presence around Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse, the company is not in the twin tiers that I know of. Thanks for passing the information on though. I kept an eye out for any Hess location before it made its conversion to Speedway.

      Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it knowing that people are interested in the retail history of the area.

      Delete