Friday, November 2, 2018

Former Super Kmart #4939

This post comes from Ohio, just outside the blog's coverage area.

The final Super Kmart that was left after the closings of all the others, closed its doors in April of this year. The Warren, OH store now sits empty waiting for its new occupant, which is fairly likely to be a Meijer, to come to the site. This was one store that I knew I had to visit before it closed, and I'm glad I was able to visit before it was closed forever. I would of liked to have visited during its liquidation, but traveling far distances in the winter months are not ideal in this part of the country.

Anyhow, here's a tour of the store while it was still in operation.
































































5 comments:

  1. I think Meijer is either delaying or cancelling half of there stores they previously announced to built stores. It's store on the old Geauga Lake property is now cancelled and several have been delayed. Austintown and Lorain I believe are the only ones confirmed at this point. I think they're waiting to see in Northeast Ohio residents would like Meijer till they expand even farther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense in all honesty. Purchasing Lorain and other former Kmart supercenters could of all been a package deal.

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Glad you were able to experience this place before it closed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad I was able too.

      Nothing like copying and pasting urls from Flickr.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!

      Lol! If only I were able to do that for my blog. My genius plan was to upload separate, exclusive content there, however. (Regretting that right about now, since Blogger is not the easiest to work with, haha!)

      Delete