Monday, September 21, 2020

Eckerd Lives On At Rite Aid


Over the past few years, I've done my best to capture the various decors used at Rite Aid stores. So when I saw a couple of pics from fellow blogger NY Capital Region Retail about a Rite Aid still using a decor package from Eckerd, I knew I had to visit in person. This location is in Auburn, NY along Grant Avenue and it was quite fun to see for me in person.

An older photo of the location I had to dig out from my photostream vault. I was thinking I already had an exterior picture, so I didn't bother taking a new one.







Slap on the Rite Aid logo and call it a day.











While I know some may say it is lazy on Rite Aid's part for doing little work to change the store from an acquisition, I'm a fan of preserving history in a subtle way like this. 



10 comments:

  1. The decor at this store is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just..... plain neat of Rite Aid to keep the store unremodeled! It still feels like an Eckerd.... It's a damn good treat to my eyes! Rite Aid can do what they will with their Rx Revolution, but they better not touch the Auburn store at all!
    If only Rite Aid never renovated their Eckerd stores in the Carolinas (Charlotte especially), I would have loved to visit an unremodeled store in Salisbury, or Mooresville. <--However, that is just wishful thinking, as most of the Rite Aids in NC were turned into Walgreens. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly a nice thing to see Eckerd survive in such a way. Sadly, I could see this store remodeled in the future. Regardless, I'm happy I could share this with you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, I appreciate what you do to preserve retail history in photos. Also, Happy (belated) New Year from the Carolinas to the Twin Tiers!

      Delete
  3. I wonder if Rite Aid planned on replacing this store given the lackadaisical updating (especially the white walls). It doesn't seem normal for them to cheap out like they did.

    ReplyDelete