Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Another Visit to the Dead Warren Mall

Since I was in Jamestown earlier this month and I had some time, I thought I go the extra 14 miles to revisit something I've been wanting to get to ever since Kmart here closed its doors a year ago: the dead Warren Mall. As mentioned in an older post, I've covered this mall before with some of my very first retail pictures I ever took outside of Kmart. 

Because most of those pictures, didn't turn out the greatest I thought I would try to recapture some of the more interesting elements with better pictures. And that is exactly what I did, although some still came out blurry....

When I had visited here in the past, I would enter at the Kmart entrance. I had my mind set that I wouldn't be able to go in those doors, so I went in the main Bon Ton entrance. Although I didn't try to use those doors, Napoli Pizza is still over in that wing so they probably were unlocked. Oh well.

Something did some damage here. Let's cover it with cardboard!
A slight Kay Jewelers labelscar is visible here when looking at this from the right angle.
Being some of the first ever mall pictures I ever took, I wasn't really thinking about taking pictures of the things below before:



The two pictures below are from the mall's center court area just in front of a surprisingly still open Bon Ton.



While taking a quick a walk to get some pictures of the former Kmart, I also took these:

I played around with some photo editing for this picture if you couldn't tell.
Radioshack here had closed and relocated to the Walmart Plaza 1/4 miles to the south before its bankruptcy. Whether or not the Radioshack in the plaza or not is still open I do not know.
This was a former Ponderosa and yes it was at a mall.
Now for some former Kmart pictures:






Now we move back to the center court area and end up going in the former Big Lots wing.



At least one store moved in since my last visit bumping the total store count to seven:




There's nowhere to buy food or drink at this mall, unless you count the Arby's outside.


Former Big Lots:




I took a look around in Bon Ton and found this old style of flooring:


So as this return visit pointed out to me, nothing has changed really other than the fact that one new store filled a vacancy. It seems to me that mall itself is probably only 10% occupied, and that's counting the Bon Ton anchor space. Who knows what 2016 will bring for this long dead mall.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know whether it's sad or a small feat that this mall is still persevering with only seven stores... in any case, cool pictures! I like the edited one a lot, as well as those ones of the center court :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It had an impressive 4-year run when all its anchors were in place with hardly any shops on the inside.

    ReplyDelete