Friday, August 25, 2017

Bluelight News Flash: More Closings Ahead

Another list of more Kmart stores has been announced. Not really a shocker given how the company is going, but there are a few on here that actually surprised me to hear they were closing, while others I expected.

Mesa, AZ (S Power Rd)
Bellflower, CA
Hesperia, CA
Jackson, CA
Valencia, CA
Aurora, CO
Englewood, CO
Southbury, CT
North Miami Beach, FL
Mableton, GA
Belleville, IL
Elmhurst, IL
Oaklawn, IL
Topeka, KS
Bay City, MI
Sandusky, MI
Shelby Township, MI
Moorestown, NJ
Parsippany, NJ
Chili (Rochester), NY
Vails Gate, NY
Victor, NY
Massillon, OH
Salem, OR
Allentown, PA (Tilghman St)
Willow Grove, PA
Cranston, RI
Conway, SC

The surprises for me on this list were Southbury, CT and Elmhurst, IL. This is because Elmhurst was recently updated to include the newest decor package in the store, suggesting confidence in that location. Meanwhile, Southbury, CT, (which will be featured on this blog at a later date) was a rare 2-story Kmart location that did very well based on my visit. 

I somewhat surprised to see Kmart giving up entirely on the Rochester, NY market. I expected Victor to go, but I figured Chili would of stayed around a little while longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment