Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Former Kmart #3315

 

        Continuing right along in the Syracuse market, this month brings us to the best of the last three that was still in the area in 2014. While the store was dated, it was kept up very well and even had a Little Caesars and operational pharmacy right up until liquidation. I was quite sad when I learned of this location's closure, as I found it to have been the best one in the Syracuse market all around. It is worth noting that an Officemax operated in the former Kmart foods space. The location did not stay empty long, as Dick's Sporting Goods would quickly open a relocated store in the prime real estate spot. Recent years saw a relocated Micheal's and a new Burlington come to the site as well, with Burlington also taking the now closed Officemax. 





























































4 comments:

  1. If I remember right this store closed expressly for Dicks to move in from the now entirely dead Shoppingtown Mall just to the east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IIRC Seritage owned the building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to my knowledge. I think Benderson owns this and the plaza behind.

      Delete